DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A HOTEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
|TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT|
No of pages
|MS Word & PDF|
The custom academic work that we provide is a powerful tool that will facilitate and boost your coursework, grades and examination results. Professionalism is at the core of our dealings with clients
For more project materials and info!
Call us here
The purpose of this research, a computerized hotel management system with Elongos’ Garden, Cameroon as the case study is to understand and make use of the computer to solve some of the problems which are usually encountered during manual operations of the Hotel Management.
Finding accommodation or a hotel after having reached a particular destination is quite a time consuming as well as expensive.
Here comes the importance of an online hotel booking facility. Online Hotel booking system is one of the best in the arena of the internet that allows travellers to book a Hotel located anywhere in the world and that is according to your tastes and preferences.
Online Hotel Booking is one of the awesome facilities of the internet. Booking a Hotel online is not only fast as well as convenient but also very cheap. Nowadays, many of the hotel providers have their sites on the web, which in turn allows the users to visit these sites and view the facilities and amenities offered by each of them.
So, the proposed computerized online Hotel Management System is set to find a more convenient, well organized, faster, reliable and accurate means of processing the current manual system of the hotel for both near and far customer. I recommend this system can be used by any hotel
Hotel Management System is a hotel reservation site script where site users will be able to search room’s availability with an online booking reservations system. Site users can also browse hotels, view room inventory, check availability, and book reservations in real-time.
Site users enter check-in date and check out date then search for availability and rates. After choosing the right room in the wanted hotel – all booking and reservation process is done on the site and an SMS is sent to confirm the booking.
There are many inherent problems with using the old method of recording hotel check-in information. Such problems can occur as check papers and information sent to the wrong place. Some cannot even handle the massive volume of guest and their records. There is difficulty in locating guest files due to the large number of guests. Because of the large amount of files, receipt generation is extremely difficult for the hotel employees. Human computational errors are also a major issue due to improper calculation. Large storage space is required to store all of the files. Overall these problems end up costing loss of profit.
This phase of the system analysis process deals with problems that are affecting the current manual system. The problems are affecting the hotel in its daily routine work. As technology increases most businesses in World see the need to apply computers, as the need for accuracy, perfectness, speed and high memory data storage is a must. Each and every problem must be solved with least amount of time and energy.
The problems faced by the existing system and hope to be solved by the Online Hotel Management System are described below:
- Difficulty in the location of guest files
- Calculation is difficult
- Large storage space the physical files occupy too much space
- Human and computational errors
- Difficulty in data searching
- Difficulty in data entry
- Unnecessary duplication of data
- Retrieval of guest records is extremely difficult
- Guest records are extremely difficult to modify
- How can customers book rooms from another location?
- What if there is a double booking for the same room, what will be done?
- The System helps to increase productivity and information management for the user.
- Computerize data management in the hotels
- Enable fast and easy retrieval of guest records and data for fast reference activities
- The system is developed especially to meet the needs of hotel companies.
The following are the targeted objectives to be accomplished in order to achieve the general objective above.
- To be able to get work faster
- To be able to manage fast access to the guest files
- To be able to provide better data management facilities
- To be able to easily update the guest records
- To be able to provide security measures to access the hotel’s information lowering data security threats
- To be able to the reduction of data entry and processing errors
- To be able to reduce paper use at the hotel